Some Tesla users may experience a problem with their touchscreen where it is black and unusable. Users won’t be able to change the AC or use many of the features of the vehicle while this is a problem. Use these steps to reset the touchscreen.
- Find a safe space to park the vehicle and shift the transmission into “Park“.
- Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black.
- Wait about 40 seconds for the trouchscreen to restart.
- Press the Brake pedal.
- While continuing the hold the Brake, press and hold both buttons above the steering wheel for about 20 seconds until the speedometer blinks.
- Stop pressing the steering wheel buttons, but continue pressing and holding the Brake.
- Hold down both scroll wheels. The screen should go blank, then a “T” will appear. At this point, you can release the Brake and scroll buttons.
After this process the touchscreen should reset. It will take about a minute or two.
I hope this guide has helped you fix your touchscreen in your Tesla.