Replacing the battery in an AstroStart is fairly straight forward, but there’s a few tips to make it easier.
The AstroStart HST-2524 2-way remote start utilizes two DL2016 batteries. Other models of AstroStart’s may be similar.
Note: The CR2025 type lithium battery is used in the newer and different looking key fobs.
- Locate the small gap on the side.
- Start to pry open the case. The end of the keychain works well for this part. Once open continue to pry it open working towards the top and back down the other side. This way you don’t have to take the remote off the keychain.
- Now you can see the batteries and slip them out. Be careful not to bend out the contact. If it is moved too far it will not touch the battery. It will then have to be bent back or your remote will not work.
- You can now replace the two batteries. The positive side of both batteries should face up, away from the circuit board.
- Reverse these steps to put the key fob back together, and you’re set.