The Jeep Renegade will notify you with an “Oil Change Due” message when service is due on the vehicle. Once the service has been performed, you can perform an oil reset to clear the message using these steps.
2015 – 2023 Models
- Place your car in Park.
- Turn the ignition on. Do NOT press the brake pedal. Do NOT start the engine.
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal down 3x in 10 seconds. (Each time, you’ll see warning lights disappear on the dashboard, including the oil warning light).
- Turn the ignition off, then immediately back ON.
- Start the engine to check that the oil light has reset.
- You should see “Oil Change Reset” message appear on the instrument panel. This signifies you have reset the oil light properly.
- The light will illuminate again once the system detects service is needed.
- The mileage traveled before the notification appears can vary and fluctuate depending on your driving style.
If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light in the Jeep Renegade on the first try, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance in resetting the oil life on the Jeep Renegade.
2 thoughts on “Jeep Renegade: How to Reset Oil Light”
Afraid this does not work on UK models.
Hi I have a 2014 DIESEL Renegade will this reset oil light work on my car. Thank you pete