The Ford Escape will display an “Oil Change Required” or “Change Engine Oil Soon” message on the instrument panel whenever the vehicle has travelled about 3,000 miles since the last oil reset. Once you have had maintenance service performed on the vehicle, use these steps to reset the oil life.
- Press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- Press the ☰ “Menu” button on the steering wheel to display the menu options.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows on the steering wheel to highlight “Settings“. Press OK to select.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows to highlight “Oil Life“. Press “OK” to select.
- Press and hold the “OK” button for about 3 seconds. This should complete the reset.
- Using the directional pad on the steering wheel, highlight “Settings“, then press OK to select.
- Arrow down to “Vehicle“, then press OK to select.
- Arrow down to “Oil Life Reset“, then press OK to select.
- Press and hold the “OK” button. You should see a message on the display that indicates the oil reset was successful.
- For key ignition models, start with the ignition “Off“. For push button models, press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once to turn on the electronics. Do not start the engine.
- Press and hold both the gas and brake pedals simultaneously.
- For key ignition modules, turn the key to the “On” position. Do not start the engine. Ignore this step if you have a push button model.
- Continue holding both the gas and brake for about 20 seconds. You should see a message appear on the display that says the “Service: Oil reset in prog.“.
- Once the display says “Service: Oil reset complete“, you’re done. You have successfully reset the oil life.
I hope this tutorial has helped you with the steps on how to reset the “Oil Change Required” and “Change Engine Oil Soon” notification on your Ford Escape. Please feel free to share your experience in the comments section.