Reset Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Impala 2000 – 2005 models
- Turn the key to “On”, the engine doesn’t need to be running.
- Turn the radio off.
- Press and hold the “TUNE/DISPLAY” button for 8 seconds until “SETTINGS” appears on the radio display.
- Keep clicking the right “SEEK” button until you see “TIRE MON”.
- Press the “1/PREV” button, you’ll see the “RESET” message appear, the light been reset!
- Keep clicking the right “SEEK” button until you see “EXIT”.
- Press “TUNE/DISPLAY” to return to normal operation.
NOTE: On extremely cold days, your low tire pressure light may falsely activate.
Check your Tire Pressure
Impala 2006 – 2012 models
First, look to the right of the steering wheel. Here you’ll find four buttons to interact with the display (aka the driver information center). The button images are kinda hard to describe, so I’ve given them special names (see image below). Continue pressing the Information button until you see the pressure of the tire you’re interested in. All four are listed individually.
NOTE: The tire pressure reading is automatically updated by your car. To turn off the low tire pressure light, simply inflate the low tire and drive a few blocks, the light will turn off!
NOTE: On extremely cold days, your low tire pressure light may falsely activate. If the light turns off after a few miles of driving, you shouldn’t be terribly worried.