Learn how to Reset the Oil Change Light in the Volvo XC90 by following the uncomplicated steps under the year of your vehicle below.
*TIP: After each oil change and new filter, the maintenance oil light indicator should disappear automatically. However, if it does not, it will need resetting for effective performance. Additionally, this indicator is included to alert you if there is a problem with the vehicle’s oil and is NOT to be ignored! If the warning is not addressed, this can lead to other unexpected costly engine issues.
**NOTE: If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light in the Volvo XC90 on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
- To reset the Time For Regular Maintenance Warning, press and HOLD the Trip Odometer button.
- While holding the button in, switch the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- When the Triangle Warning starts flashing, you will hear a BEEP, then let go of the trip odometer button.
The Yellow Triangle should be OFF and the Reset Complete.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position or position one, without starting the engine.
- Using the controls on the LEFT side of the steering wheel, press and HOLD the bottom button through the entire reset.
- Step on the brake and start the engine. Continue to hold the bottom button.
- Paying attention to the dash, wait about ten seconds. As soon as the warning light starts FLASHING, release the bottom button.
- You will see MAINTENANCE REMINDER RESET in the dashboard.
- Switch the vehicle off then back on.
The warning light should be GONE!