Are you looking to learn about the easy and convenient ways of opening the trunk of your Volvo XC60? We’ll take you through the process from manual opening to the kick feature.
2021 – 2023 Models
- Locate the trunk release button on the driver’s side of the dashboard, usually near the steering wheel.
- Press and hold the trunk release button for a few seconds.
- The trunk will pop open, and you can access the trunk space.
If your vehicle is equipped with keyless entry, you can simply press the trunk release button on the key fob.
- Alternatively, you can use the trunk release button on the exterior of the vehicle, located on the driver’s side of the trunk.
- If the trunk does not open, ensure the vehicle is in park and the emergency brake is applied.
- If the problem persists, check the owner’s manual or contact your Volvo dealer for assistance.
The kick feature works on all newer Volvo models, including the XC60 and XC90. It can be very useful when you have shopping bags in your hands or something heavy, and you don’t want to put them down.
To open the trunk using the kick feature on a Volvo XC60, you need to have the key inside your pocket.
- The sensor for the kick feature is located to the left of the “V” on the rear of the vehicle.
- To activate the kick feature, aim for the sensor and give a kick while also slightly moving to the left.
- It may take some practice to get the technique down, but with more practice, you can open the trunk just about every time.
Note: It’s important to check the trunk light; if the light is on, it might indicate that the trunk is not closed properly, and then you can check the trunk again to ensure it’s closed properly.
2011 – 2019 Models
- Make sure the vehicle doors are unlocked.
- Locate the trunk button on the left-hand side below the steering wheel.
- Press the button with the image of a trunk popped open.
- The trunk will pop open.
2008 – 2010 Models
- Ensure that the doors are unlocked.
- Locate the lever or trunk button underneath the vehicle.
- Pull up on the lever or button to open the trunk.