When you own a Volvo XC60, you must perform regular maintenance on your car to ensure its smooth running and longer lifespan. You must check for oils and fluids such as the engine oil, power steering, and washer fluid. These maintenance tasks are performed in the engine compartment, which houses components such as the engine, power steering fluid reservoir, radiator, coolant expansion tank, and brake and clutch fluid reservoir.
To access the engine compartment, you will have to open the hood of your car. By following the steps listed below, you can open the hood of your Volvo XC60 without breaking a sweat.
2009 – 2023 Models
- Walk towards the driver-side part of the vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- In the front left footwell of your car’s cabin, you will find a hood release lever below the steering wheel on the left side.
- Pull the lever towards you to open the hood partially from its fully closed position.
- The open hood will be indicated by a warning symbol on the display screen and an acoustic signal.
- Walk towards the front of your Volvo XC60, where the hood is slightly open.
- Find the safety latch below the hood and push it towards the left to release the hood.
- Lift the hood of your Volvo XC60, and its hydraulic struts will automatically support it to keep it in the open position.