If you’ve just purchased a new Volkswagen Polo, or you’re simply having some trouble with the clock, follow these instructions to set it.
2017 – 2022
The Polo’s clock is set using the car’s onboard computer, which requires a code to be entered. You can find this code in the car’s manual. Once you have the code, follow these steps to set the clock:
- Turn on the ignition and wait for the ‘Car ready’ message to appear on the dashboard.
- Press and hold the trip reset button for five seconds. The onboard computer screen will now be displayed.
- Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select ‘Settings’ and then press ‘OK.’
- Scroll down 🔽 and select ‘Time.’
- Enter the code and then press ‘OK.’
- The time will now be displayed on the screen. Use the arrows to adjust as needed, then press ‘OK’ to save.
2009 – 2017
- Open the driver’s door and locate the clock on the dashboard. It will be in the top-left corner, facing the front of the car.
- Press and hold the button in the clock’s center until the hours start to flash.
- Use the arrow buttons to change the hours.
- Press and hold the button again until the minutes start to flash.
- Change the minutes using the arrow buttons.
- Press and hold one last time to save your changes.
2002 – 2009
- Pull down the sun visor and find the little flap that says ‘CLOCK.’
- Unzip the flap, and you’ll see the clock inside the car.
- Set the time by turning the clock hands to the correct time.
- Zip up the flap and put the sun visor back up.
1994 – 2002
- Locate the dashboard panel.
- Find the clock and press down on it until it clicks. The numbers will now be illuminated.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the correct hour, minute, and second.
- When you’ve finished, press the clock once to save your changes.