In this guide we will show you how to reset the oil system on the Volkswagen Atlas SUV. Resetting the system will clear the “Oil change service in x mi” notification. Just follow these instructions.
Models without Advanced Display
- Locate the 0.0 button on the instrument panel above the steering wheel.
- Press and hold the 0.0 button.
- Continue to hold down the 0.0 button and with the vehicle off and foot off the brake, press the Start button to turn on the electronics.
- When the display says, “Reset oil change interval?” release the button.
- Press and release the 0.0 button to reset the system. A message will appear that says, “The service interval was reset“.
Models with Advanced Display
- With the vehicle off and foot off the brake, press the Start button to turn on the electronics.
- Use the ◀️ ▶️ to toggle to the “Range” option.
- Press and hold the “OK” button on the steering wheel for about 4 seconds until the Service menu appears.
- Use the 🔼 🔽 arrows to scroll to “Reset oil change service” then press and release “OK“. A message will appear that says, “The service interval was reset“.
That’s it! You have successfully reset the oil service interval on the VW Atlas.
This post is valid for Volkswagen Atlas models 2017-2022.