For the Apps in your Hyundai to work properly, the Navigation System must have the latest updates as updates allow apps to work at their full potential. Below you will find the step-by-step instructions on how to update the system allowing you to enjoy the many features Apps have to offer for Android and iPhone users.
**BE AWARE: It will take up to 3 hours for the software to download and 20-40 minutes for the software to fully update!!
STEP 1: Remove the SD CARD out of the center console’s designated area by opening the SD map slot.
STEP 2: Insert the SD card from the vehicle, into your COMPUTER’S SD card reader. (ONLY use the vehicle’s SD card as any other one will disable your Navigation system).
- NOTE: Unlock the SD card. The lock slider is on the SIDE of the SD card and should be in the UP position.
STEP 3: Follow the prompts below to download the software update. Once it is downloaded, insert the SD card back into your vehicle.
Log In On The MyHyundai Site:
STEP 1: Open a web browser on your computer.
- If your operating system is WINDOWS, open Internet Explorer or your default browser.
- If you are using MAC OS X, open Safari or your default browser.
STEP 2: Go to the MyHyundai owner’s site at https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundai
STEP 3: If you have a MyHyundai account already, Click LOG IN.
- Enter your MyHyundai account email address and password.
STEP 4: How To Register On The MyHyundai Site:
- Click Register.
- Enter your name, email address, and zip code.
- Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to finish your registration. (You can find the VIN number on the inside of the driver’s side dashboard in the windshield, on the inside of the driver’s side door on a sticker, or on your vehicle’s insurance cards).
- Select NEXT.
Downloading The Software To Your Vehicle:
STEP 1: First, plug your computer into a power source during the ENTIRE download process.
- Select the DOWNLOADS MENU in the navigation bar.
- Select VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATE from the Downloads dropdown menu. You will then be navigated to the Vehicle Software Update Page.
NOTE: If you do not see the Downloads drop-down menu, an update may not be available for your vehicle. However, if you know you need an update, you would then have to contact the dealer.
STEP 2: On the Vehicle Software Update Page, after reviewing the Terms and Conditions, check the box next to “I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS“ to activate the download button.
- Select the button to start the download.
- Select CONTINUE.
STEP 3: For MAC Computers:
- Once the download is complete, open the DOWNLOADS folder, then select the DMG file.
- You will see a system-warning pop-up on the screen. OPEN IT.
- DOUBLE CLICK on the Hyundai icon to RUN the update.
For WINDOWS Computers:
- Select RUN to download the Download Tool. (Save the Download Tool onto your computer; Do NOT save the Download Tool onto the SD Card).
- Select YES to run the Download Tool.
STEP 4: Upon completing the download, the Download Tool will start. (If your vehicle’s SD card is not inserted into your computer, it will now tell you to insert it).
- The software should now download. The Download Tool will show you the progress as it downloads and copies the software onto your SD Card.
WARNING: Do NOT remove your SD card until the download is complete.
STEP 5: Once the vehicle software has been downloaded to your SD card you will see this pop up:
STEP 6: AFTER the pop-up, you can remove the SD card from your computer.
Install The Download in The Vehicle:
STEP 1: Park your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and start the engine as this will take some time.
- Do NOT drive the vehicle while the system is updating.
- DO NOT turn off the ignition switch during the ENTIRE update. Otherwise, the update will not be completed properly.
- If the vehicle is turned OFF during the update process, the update will resume AFTER the vehicle is restarted.
- If the update does not resume, return to the System Info menu and touch the Update icon to initiate the update again.
*Write down or memorize all of your RADIO PRESETS, as they may be erased during the update process.
STEP 2: Insert the SD card into your vehicle’s designated slot. NOTE: The following 3 error messages may appear:
- Failed to authenticate navigation.
- Navigation is currently unavailable.
- Please check the SD card.
Continue with the installation. The error message will DISAPPEAR after the vehicle software installation is complete!
STEP 3: Press the SETUP button. (This button is located in different areas depending on your vehicle model). *In some models it will be included within the touch screen (See 2nd image below).
STEP 4: Scroll down on the Setup screen then touch the SYSTEM INFO icon.
STEP 5: Touch the UPDATE icon at the bottom of the System Info screen.
- A message will appear “Insert the update memory and press [OK] button to start the update”.
STEP 6: Touch OK.
- The software will automatically update in ORDER, in these seven steps: (So you can easily follow the whole process).
- Preparing System Update.
- Copying Files.
- Preparing System Update (System automatically reboots. Blank screen will momentarily appear).
- Updating the System.
- Updating GPS.
- Updating Modem (Does not apply to non-Bluelink-equipped vehicles).
- Updating uCom.
NOTE: You will notice the Hyundai logo or display turning completely black during the update process. DO NOT PANIC, this is normal!
- It will take approximately 20–40 minutes to complete this part of the process.
STEP 7: After you see the “Update is complete” message, the system reboots automatically and the Disclaimer or the Home screen will be displayed.
STEP 8: Press the SETUP button.
- Scroll down, and touch the CONNECTIVITY icon.
STEP 9: Confirm that the Android Auto and iOS Apple CarPlay features located in the Connectivity Settings are turned ON.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully updated the Hyundai Navigation System!!
*Don’t forget to add in new presets, or reset your previous radio presets.
NOTE: If you are unable to update the System on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.