The Toyota Tacoma has a maintenance light that will illuminate on the instrument panel when an oil change is due. Use the following steps to reset the maintenance light whenever you have completed an oil change.
- Press the “Power” button once without holding the brake to activate the electronics. Do not start the engine.
- Use the Left and Right arrows to select the “Gear” icon on the info display.
- Use the Up and Down arrows to select “Settings“, then press .
- Use the arrows to select “Maintenance Reset“, then press .
- Select “Yes“, then press .
On these models, a Maintenance Required light will illuminate for 3 seconds, then flash for 15 seconds when the vehicle has been driven 4,500 miles since the last reset. It will illuminate then remain lit after 5,000 miles.
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. Do not start the engine. For push button models, press “Start” and do not touch the brake pedal.
- Press the “Odo/Trip” button or display change button to switch the display to “Trip A“.
- Turn the vehicle completely off.
- Press and hold the “Odo/Trip” button.
- Continue to hold the “Odo/Trip” button while switching the ignition to “On” without starting the engine. Release the “Trip” button until the trip meter is set to all zeros.
2011 and older Models
These models typically display a “MAINT REQD” message when an oil change is due.
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position.
- Press and hold the Trip stem button located on the instrument panel.
- Continue to hold the Trip stem while turning the ignition to the “On” position. Do not start the vehicle.
- Continue to hold the Trip stem for 5 more seconds. The odometer should briefly display all zeros. Then you’ll know the reset is completed.
If these steps didn’t work on the first try, try these steps again.
I hope this guide has helped you in resetting the oil light on your Toyota Tacoma. If you have questions, comments, or have spotted an error, please leave me a message below.