The cabin air or air conditioning filter must be changed regularly for the cleanest air and to maintain air conditioner efficiency. Replace it with these steps.
- Open the glove box, located on the passenger side.
- Slide the damper off the knob located on the right side of the glove box.
- Press in the top sides of the glove box to disconnect the claws that secure the glove box in place, then completely remove the glove box drawer.
- You should be able to see the air filter box. It will say “Up” on two sides of it. Remove the cover using the tab located on the right side.
- Remove and inspect the filter. If you can still see through it, it probably doesn’t need to be replaced. If it looks rather dirty, replace it.
- Once filter is replaced, place the glove box drawer back into place by securing the bottom hinges first. Then it should snap into place.
You can replace your filter with one of the EPAuto filters available at Amazon. They will save you money and work just as well.