So, you can’t figure out how to open the trunk on the Toyota Prius? You’re not the only one. We show you how to open the trunk/rear door on the Toyota Prius.
Option 1 – Rear Button
- From the outside of the vehicle, press the button located under the Toyota logo on the trunk/hatch and raise it.
Option 2 – Manual Release
Use this method if you no longer have power to open the trunk manually from the inside of the vehicle.
- Flip the back seats down.
- Access the tool-box under the carpeting behind the rear seats. You can open it by twisting the two knobs and opening it.
- A piece of plastic may be covering the trunk release. If so, remove the plastic.
- Using two fingers, pull the lever in the trunk release hole toward you, and the trunk should pop open. Newer models will require you to insert a screwdriver and move a lever downward.