Like many other Toyota vehicles, the process to reset the oil change (Maintenance Required) light on the Toyota Highlander is much the same. Follow these steps to reset the oil change indicator light.
- Press “Left Arrow” or “Right Arrow” and select the “Gear” icon on the info display.
- Use the Up/Down arrows to toggle to “Vehicle Settings“.
- Press and hold the “OK” button.
- Use the Up/Down arrows to toggle to “Oil Maintenance“, then press “OK“.
- Select “Yes“, then press “OK“.
- With the vehicle running, press and hold the “Trip” button or display change button to switch the display to “Trip A“.
- Turn the vehicle completely off.
- Press and hold the “Trip” stem button on the odometer.
- Continue to hold the “Trip” button while switching the ignition to “On” without starting the engine. For push button ignition models, press the button once.
- Release the “Trip” button when the trip meter is set to all zeros, and you’re done.
- With the vehicle running, press the “Trip” stem button to toggle the display to show the full odometer mileage.
- Turn the ignition to the “ACC” or “Lock” position.
- Press and hold the “Trip” stem button while turning the ignition to the “On” position
- Continue holding the “Trip” stem button until the display shows all zeros.
After performing these steps, the oil reminder should now be reset on the Toyota Highlander. By default, the oil reminder light will display every 5,000 miles driven.