The Airbag Warning light on the Toyota Corolla is designed to only come on after the vehicle has been in an accident. If the light comes on otherwise, then there is a problem with the internal diagnostic system. No worries as this can be remedied with an effective at-home fix which can, in turn, save you a lot of money. Continue below to learn how to Reset the Warning Light.
- With the ignition turned OFF.
- Remove the Fuse Box panel door located below the steering wheel column.
- You will see a YELLOW connector, reach in and pull it forward toward you.
- Take a PAPERCLIP un-twist it until you have two pointy ends like in a U shape (Image Two).
- Insert the two ends of the paperclip into the two BOTTOM holes on the connector.
- From the image, you can see what the bottom and top of the connector looks like.
- Switch the ignition ON, the light will appear for six seconds then OFF.
If so, you are ALL SET!!
**NOTE: If you are unable to Reset the Airbag Warning Light on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.