The “Maintenance Required” light on the Toyota Corolla is illuminated when the vehicle has traveled 4,500 miles after it has been reset. If your “Maintenance Required” light is lit but you no longer need the reminder, you can reset the light with these steps.
Models without Multi-color Display
- With the vehicle running, press the “Trip” button or display change button to switch the display to “Trip A“.
- Turn the vehicle completely off.
- Press and hold the “Trip” button.
- Continue to hold the “Trip” button while switching the ignition to “On” without starting the engine. Release the “Trip” button until the trip meter is set to all zeros.
Models with Multi-color Display
- While the engine is running, go to the “Settings” screen.
- Choose “Reset Scheduled Maint. Data“.
- At the “Reset Data” prompt, select “Yes“.
- With the vehicle running, press the “Trip” stem button to toggle the display to show the full odometer mileage.
- Turn the ignition to the “ACC” or “Lock” position.
- Press and hold the “Trip” stem button while turning the ignition to the “On” position
- Continue holding the “Trip” stem button until the display shows all zeros.
The light will display again after 5,000 miles.