If you have no need for the “Maintenance Required” light to be lit on your Toyota Camry, you can reset it with these steps.
- Select the gear icon on the display, then choose “Vehicle Settings“. On some models, you have to press and hold an icon with a vehicle and a gear next to it.
- Select “Scheduled Maintenance“.
- Select “Yes“.
- Turn the ignition of the vehicle “On“. On push button models, press the Engine Start button two times.
- Press the “Trip” or “Disp” button to toggle the display to show the Trip A mileage.
- Turn the ignition to “Off“.
- Press and hold the “Trip” or “Disp” button.
- Continue to hold the “Trip” or “Disp” button while turning the ignition of the vehicle on. On push button models, press the Engine Start button two times. Do not start the engine.
- When the odometer displays all zeros, it will confirm the maintenance light has been reset.
- With the vehicle running, press the “Trip” stem button to toggle the display to show the full odometer mileage.
- Turn the ignition to the “ACC” or “Lock” position.
- Press and hold the “Trip” stem button while turning the ignition to the “On” position
- Continue holding the “Trip” stem button until the display shows all zeros.
The light will display again after 5,000 miles.