If your sound system is slow, stuck, or frozen, follow this guide to reset it.
2013 – 2022 Models
Toyota vehicles have used Entune sound systems since 2013. Follow these steps for a factory reset:
- Turn the car on—though you don’t need to start the car to turn on the sound system.
- While holding the APPS button, turn the vehicle’s headlights on and off three times.
- A diagnostics screen will appear on the display.
- Press and hold the INIT button.
- A prompt will appear on the screen and ask if you’d like to initialize data. Press Yes.
Your system will reset to its factory settings, erasing all apps, contacts, radio station presets, and Bluetooth connections.
2013 Models and Earlier
For older models, you will need a code to reset your radio. You can find this code in the owner’s manual, or contact your local Toyota dealer. Once you have your code, follow these steps:
- Turn the vehicle on.
- Turn on the sound system.
- Press the radio’s power button.
- Press and hold the number 1 button and the UP 🔼 ARROW until four dashes appear on the display.
- Input your code with the numbered preset buttons (1 – 6). The system will lock if you fail to input the correct code three times in a row. If this happens, contact your Toyota dealer for assistance.