If you can not find the Fuel Door Release or the Release is broken on the Toyota Avalon continue below to find the uncomplicated steps to follow which will open and or fix the release.
The Fuel Door Release button is located under the steering wheel to the LEFT.
- Pull it to open the Fuel Door.
The Release Is Not Working:
*If the Fuel Release lever is broken, there is an Emergency Fuel Door Release located in the trunk immediately to the LEFT, behind the Luggage Trim Door.
- Open the trim door then pull the WHITE DEVICE out towards you to open the fuel door (The device should not come all the way out so there is no need to pull really hard).
If the Spring on the Fuel Door Is Broken:
- Have someone pull UP the Fuel Door Lever while you pull open the fuel door.
- Or if you are alone, use something to prop up the lever, then you can pull the door open.
*Eventually, you will need to purchase a new spring for the Fuel Door to open properly. Springs are not costly, they run about $6 and are extremely easy to install as it just pops right in.
- Once the spring is in place, let the release lever down.
- Close the fuel door.
- Then use the lever to open the fuel door.
**NOTE: If you are unable to fix the Fuel Door with the spring on the first try, REPEAT the steps. And if you are not able to find the Emergency Release Lever, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.