If you need access to your engine block, here’s how to open the hood of a Toyota Avalon. These instructions apply to all available models.
1995 – 2022 Models
- On the driver’s side of the car, look to the bottom left of the steering wheel.
- Find the lever with a symbol of a car with an open hood.
- Pull up on the lever until you hear a pop.
- Outside the vehicle, find the lever inside the gap between the grill and the hood.
- Pull up on the lever until the hood releases.
- Be sure to support the hood with the prop rod (found on the left or right side) to avoid collapse as you maintain your vehicle.