The Toyota 4Runner will display a ‘Maintenance Required‘ message on the instrument panel to remind you when an oil change is due. This notification will display once the vehicle travels 4,500 miles since the last reset.
Once service has been performed, you can reset the maintenance light using these steps.
- Turn the ignition of the vehicle “On“. On push button models, press the Engine Start button two times. Do not start the engine.
- Press the “Odometer/Trip” stem button located on the instrument panel to toggle the display to show the Trip A mileage.
- Turn the ignition “Off“.
- Press and hold the “Odometer/Trip” stem button.
- Continue to hold the “Odometer/Trip” button while switching the ignition of the vehicle on. On push button models, press the Engine Start button two times without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- When the odometer displays all zeros, it will confirm the maintenance light has been reset.
If the steps didn’t work for you, try them again.
This tutorial is valid for all model Toyota 4Runner vehicle year models 2010-2021.
I hope this guide has helped you learn how to reset the maintenance light on the Toyota 4Runner. If you have any questions, feel free to leave one in the comments.