Different cars have different trunk opening techniques. Opening the trunk can seem complicated if you’re unfamiliar with the Tesla Model Y. This comprehensive guide details step-by-step instructions to open the trunk of a Tesla Model Y.
Tesla Model Y 2020–2022 Models
There are several ways to open the rear trunk of a Tesla Model Y. These include:
- On your Tesla’s center screen, go to vehicle, then tap on the rear trunk button to open.
- Double-click on the rear trunk button on your key fob.
- On your Tesla mobile app, tap on the rear trunk button to open.
- With your key fob in proximity, press the rear trunk button under the trunk’s exterior handle.
How Can I Tell That My Trunk Is Open?
The car model on your car screen will show that your trunk is open.
How Big is the Model Y Trunk?
The Model Y has a trunk space of 4.1 cu ft for both the 5-passenger and 7-passenger designs.
How Do I Close the Trunk of a Tesla Model Y?
Use one of the following ways to close the trunk of a Tesla Model Y:
- Go to your Tesla’s center screen, click on Vehicle, then tap on the Trunk closing button.
- Double-click the rear trunk button on your key fob.
- Press the rear trunk button under the trunk handle.