If you’re unfamiliar with Tesla, opening the hood might seem complicated. Teslas are all-electric vehicles meaning they don’t have an engine at the front. This can sometimes confuse anyone who’s not interacted with a Tesla before.
If you’re struggling with opening the hood of your Tesla Model 3, this guide is for you. We detail the steps to open a Tesla model 3 hood.
2017 – 2022
- Ensure there are no obstacles above or around the hood/frunk.
- On your Tesla’s center screen, click on the hood button.
- The hood will pop open slightly.
- Exit the vehicle and lift the hood to open.
Other ways to open the hood of a Tesla Model 3 include:
- Double-clicking on the front hood or frunk button on your key fob.
- Click on the hood button on your Tesla mobile app to open the hood.
How can I close the hood of my Tesla Model 3?
- Carefully lower the hood until the hood touches the latches.
- Use both hands to press down firmly on the right and left sides of the Tesla badge until you engage the latches.
- Try lifting the edge of the hood to ensure it’s fully closed.
How can I open my Tesla Model 3 hood if my touchscreen isn’t working?
If your car touchscreen isn’t working, you can use the key fob or the Tesla mobile app to open the hood.