Connecting your phone to the Tesla Model 3 involves many conveniences, such as answering phone calls and listening to music. To connect your phone to the Tesla Model 3, you must pair it with your Tesla via Bluetooth.
To pair your phone, ensure the Model 3 and your Phone are powered on.
2017 – 2022 Models
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Turn your Bluetooth on and make sure it is discoverable.
- Turn the Bluetooth on in your Tesla Model 3 by tapping the Bluetooth icon on your screen. A Bluetooth menu will pop up on the screen.
- Select the option to “Add New Device.” Your vehicle will start searching for discoverable devices.
- Your Tesla will display a list of all available devices on the touch screen. Choose your phone from the generated list.
- A randomly generated number will display on your Tesla screen, and the same number will be displayed on your phone. Ensure the number matches before proceeding.
- Proceed to “Pair” the devices.
- Once the devices are paired, the Bluetooth settings screen displays the Bluetooth symbol next to the phone’s name to show an active connection.