Setting the clock in your Subaru Outback is required after every battery change, and for some models, if you travel to a different time zone. Following the instructions below, you will find the uncomplicated steps to set the time on the clock.
**NOTE: If you are unable to set the Time on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
- Turn the key to the ON position. Without starting the ignition.
- Via the Navigation Screen, touch SETTINGS.
- Touch VEHICLE.
- Touch CLOCK ADJUSTMENT.
- Touch either AUTO or MANUAL.
- Touch the X in the far RIGHT corner to go back to the Home screen. As from here, you will use the Steering Wheel Controls to finish setting the time.
Focusing on the Dash Screen now.
- Using the two ARROWS located on the LEFT Bottom side of the steering wheel, notated in the image, pull OUT (towards you) either ARROW until you see PULL and HOLD THE iSET SWITCH FOR MENU within the screen.
- Pull OUT and HOLD the iSET button until the screen changes to CLOCK.
- Pull OUT the iSET button to select CLOCK.
- Pull OUT the iSET button again to select ADJUST TIME.
- Use the TOP arrow to scroll the HOUR UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the HOUR DOWN.
- Once you enter the Hour you want; Pull OUT the iSET button to set it.
- Now use the TOP arrow to scroll the MINUTES UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the MINUTES DOWN.
- Pull OUT the iSET button to set it. You will then see SETTING COMPLETE.
- To EXIT the Clock Menu, use the arrows until you see GO BACK.
- Pull OUT the iSET button to return to the Main Screen.
You can now view the time you entered within the Home Screen of the Navigation System as well as the Dash Screen.
If so, you are ALL SET!
TIP: For vehicles with digital navigation screens: Turning on the GPS TIME will allow the system to automatically adjust your time dependent on your present location. This feature will change your clock when you cross into a different time zone.