Setting the clock in your Subaru Outback is required after every battery change and (for some models) if you travel to a different time zone. Following the instructions below, you will find the uncomplicated steps to set the time on the clock.
**NOTE: If you are unable to set the Time on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
2020 – 2023 Models
- Turn the key to the ON position. Without starting the ignition.
- Via the Navigation Screen, touch SETTINGS.
- Touch VEHICLE.
- Touch CLOCK ADJUSTMENT.
- Touch either AUTO or MANUAL.
- Touch the X in the far RIGHT corner to go back to the Home screen. From here, you will use the Steering Wheel Controls to finish setting the time.
Focusing on the Dash Screen now.
- Using the two ARROWS located on the LEFT Bottom side of the steering wheel, notated in the image, pull OUT (towards you) either ARROW until you see “PULL and HOLD THE iSET SWITCH FOR MENU” within the screen.
- Pull and HOLD the iSET button until the screen changes to CLOCK.
- Pull the iSET button to select CLOCK.
- Pull the iSET button again to select ADJUST TIME.
- Use the TOP arrow to scroll the HOUR UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the HOUR DOWN.
- Once you enter the Hour you want, pull the iSET button to set it.
- Now use the TOP arrow to scroll the MINUTES UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the MINUTES DOWN.
- Pull the iSET button to set it. You will then see SETTING COMPLETE.
- To EXIT the Clock Menu, use the arrows until you see GO BACK.
- Pull the iSET button to return to the Main Screen.
You can now view the time you entered within the Home Screen of the Navigation System as well as the Dash Screen.
2018 – 2019 Models
- Start the car.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Press the Clock Adjustment button.
- Select GPS, Auto, or Manual.
- Access the settings menu using the left steering wheel’s up and down buttons.
- Access the clock menu using the left steering wheel’s up and down buttons.
- Select the time using the middle switch on the left steering wheel to change the time.
- To leave the screen, use the down arrow.
2010 – 2017 Model
- Start the car.
- Press Menu.
- Set up the navigation using the + and – buttons until you reach the clock option.
- Utilize the + and – buttons to adjust the clock.
- Set Time Zone, Time Format, and Daylight Saving Time using the + and – buttons.
2000 – 2009 Model
- Turn your car off.
- Locate the engine compartment fuse box by lifting the hood.
- Locate the clock fuse in the open fuse box.
- The fuse should be removed and replaced with one with the same amp rating.
- Close the fuse box and hood.
- Switch the ignition to on without running the engine.
- On the instrument panel, hold down the Clock button.
- Use the Hour and Min buttons to adjust the time.
- To save time settings, click the Clock button again.
1995 – 1999 Model
- Locate the clock in the vehicle’s interior, either on the dashboard or the center console.
- Press and hold the Set button; the clock will flash.
- Press the Hour button to set the hour.
- Press the Min button to set the minutes.
- Press the Set button to confirm the time has been set.
How do I adjust the time zone on my Subaru Outback?
To change the time zone on your Subaru Outback, press the Menu button on the audio system, choose Time Setup, and then press the Zone button to select the correct time zone.
Will my GPS automatically adjust?
For vehicles with digital navigation screens: Turning on the GPS Time will allow the system to automatically adjust your time dependent on your present location. This feature will change your clock when you cross into a different time zone.