Learn how to Reset the Oil Change Light in the Subaru Outback by following the uncomplicated steps below.
*TIP: After each oil change and new filter, the maintenance oil light indicator should disappear automatically. However, if it does not, it will need resetting for effective performance. Additionally, this indicator is included to alert you if there is a problem with the vehicle’s oil and is NOT to be ignored! If the warning is not addressed, this can lead to other unexpected costly engine issues.
**NOTE: If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
- After the oil is changed, drive the vehicle until the engine is warmed up. No set speed nor distance.
The light should go OFF!
*You will be following instructions on the Navigation Screen.
- Using the two ARROWS located on the LEFT Bottom side of the steering wheel, notated in the image, pull OUT (towards you) either ARROW until you see PULL and HOLD THE iSET BUTTON TO MOVE TO THE SELECTION-SCREEN.
- Use the ARROWS to scroll until ENGINE OIL is highlighted.
- Pull OUT the iSET button to select this.
- Use the ARROWS to enter the DATE your oil will be changed next.
- Use the TOP arrow to scroll the Date UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the Date DOWN.
- Once you enter the Date you want; Pull OUT the iSET button.
- Now enter the NOTIFICATION DISTANCE by using the TOP arrow to scroll the DISTANCE UP and the BOTTOM arrow to scroll the DISTANCE DOWN.
- Pull OUT the iSET button.
- Use the DOWN arrow to highlight SET.
- Pull OUT the iSET button. You will then see SETTING COMPLETE.
- To EXIT this Menu, use the arrows until you see RETURN highlighted at the bottom.
- Pull OUT the iSET button to return to the Main Screen.
The Warning Light should go OFF if so you are all SET!