Learn how to reset the oil change light in the Subaru Outback by following the uncomplicated steps below.
2017-2022 Touring Models
- From the main screen of the display, select “Car Info“.
- Select “Maintenance“.
- Tap “Engine Oil“.
- Select “Notification Date” and/or “Notification Distance“. Change the settings to the date and/or distance you wish to be reminded of a due oil change. Once you have everything the way you like, select the “Update” button.
- Repeat the steps to also change “Maintenance Schedule“, “Oil Filter“, and “Tires“.
Newer models of the Subaru Outback allows you to set a date and distance for oil change reminders. To manually reset the oil light on the Subaru Outback, follow these steps on the navigation screen:
- Using the two arrows located on the left bottom side of the steering wheel, pull OUT (towards you) either arrow until you see PULL and HOLD THE iSET BUTTON TO MOVE TO THE SELECTION-SCREEN.
- Use the arrows to scroll until “Engine Oil“ is highlighted. Pull OUT the iSET button to select this.
- Use the arrows to enter the Date your oil should be changed next.
- Once you enter the date, pull out the iSET button.
- Use the arrows to enter the “Enter the Notification Distance“.
- Pull out the iSET button.
- Use the DOWN arrow to highlight SET.
- Pull out the iSET button. You will then see SETTING COMPLETE.
- To exit this Menu, use the arrows until you see RETURN highlighted at the bottom.
- Pull out the iSET button to return to the Main Screen.
If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
I hope this guide has helped you successfully reset the oil light on your Subaru Outback.