If you can not find the trunk door release in the Subaru Outback, continue below to find three uncomplicated methods to follow which will open and close the trunk door manually as well as hands-free.
**NOTE: If you are unable to Open and Close the Trunk on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
Method 1 – Key Fob
- Via the Key-Less Remote, press the TRUNK button once.
- You will hear a single BEEP notifying you that you are attempting to open the trunk.
- Press and HOLD the button to confirm you want to open the Trunk Hands-Free.
- When finished, press and HOLD the button again, you will hear TWO beeps, then the trunk will CLOSE.
You are all SET!
Method 2 – Rear Latch
- Press the button located directly under the emblem of the trunk, in the center. The Trunk will OPEN.
- To CLOSE it, press the image of the opened trunk located on the inside of the trunk door at the bottom.
- When you press the button again you will hear TWO beeps and the door will close.
Method 3 – Button Inside
Located either within the center console or to the lower LEFT of the steering wheel:
- Press the image with the opened trunk on it. You will hear TWO beeps then the trunk will pop OPEN.
- To CLOSE it, press the same button, you will hear TWO beeps then the trunk will close.