Cruise Control is a cool way to put your Subaru Outback on autopilot so to speak. In this setting, the vehicle can maintain speeds of 25mph or more without having to press the accelerator. However, it will not set at below 25mph. In addition, the feature disconnects when the brake is applied. Albeit this is a wonderful feature, be aware that cruise control can be dangerous on winding roads, in traffic, and on wet slippery or icy roads. With that being said, here are the uncomplicated steps to on how to set your Cruise Control.
**NOTE: If you are unable to activate this feature on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
- Press the Cruise Control icon located on the RIGHT side of the steering wheel notated by the top arrow in the image (CC Icon).
- Once you reach your cruising speed, press the SET/− button (Middle Bottom).
*You can now take your foot off of the accelerator and ride.
- Additionally. you can press the RES/+ button to INCREASE your speed (Middle Top).
- Or press the SET/− button to DECREASE your speed. Both by 5miles only at a time.
Outback’s Are Equipped With Cruise Control Eyesight
- With Eyesight, if you set your Cruise Control speed to 50mph, yet you notice it is only going 40mph, this is due to a vehicle in front of you. So if the vehicle ahead speeds up, your vehicle will increase the speed automatically to reach your SET cruising speed.
Another Eyesight Feature
*Still using the buttons on the RIGHT side of the steering wheel.
- With your speed still SET, press the TOP LEFT button to move CLOSER to the vehicle ahead.
- Press the BOTTOM LEFT button to move FARTHER AWAY from the vehicle ahead.
- If the vehicle ahead slows down, your Outback will as well, WITHOUT you pressing the brake. AWESOME HUH!!
- If you press the brake by mistake, just press RES/+ to resume the previous speed.
Cancel Cruise Control
- Stepping on the brake lightly will disengage the speed and will save the previous set speed.
- Pressing the CRUISE CONTROL button will turn the system OFF.
- A Car above a meter (On/Off) – Press to turn the system ON/OFF; Be sure the system is OFF when not using it as if RES/+ or SET/− is active, you could accidentally hit either, which will cause your vehicle to enter cruise control mode automatically.
- SET/− (Set/Coast) -Used to set or decrease your desired speed.
- RES/+ –To maintain the desired speed or to accelerate the set speed. To increase the speed press this button.
You are now ALL SET!