Here’s a practical guide to help you pop the hood of your Subaru Forester, depending on the model year of manufacture.
2018 – 2022 Models
You can pop open the hood of this model of Subaru Forester very simply from the driver’s side.
- Park your car and turn off the engine.
- Locate the hood release lever to the left and below the steering column. Look for an image with a car that has an open hood.
- Pull the hood release lever gently towards you. You will hear a pop.
- At the front of your car, locate the secondary hood release latch found the slightly popped-up hood.
- Push the latch to the left, then raise the hood. The hood on these models stands up on its own and doesn’t need to be propped up.
Note: Models before 2018 follow the same steps above with the added need to use a hood support to keep the hood open.