The tire maintenance light will appear on the instrument panel of the Nissan Rogue if the system detects low tire pressure. Follow these steps to use the Easy Fill feature to ensure your tires are inflated to proper levels.
The light indicator is a notification to warn you of significantly low air pressure or high-pressure loss in your tires. Low pressure affects the vehicles overall performance such as:
- How the vehicle drives.
- Increases the need for fuel.
- Tire failure.
To Reset the Warning Light Perform the following steps:
- Turn the key to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Add air to the driver’s side tire first; (The hazard blinker will flash after a few seconds of inflating).
- Once a sufficient amount is added, the hazard light will stop flashing and the horn will beep. If the hazard light continues to flash and the horn beeps, release some air until the horn beeps once.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all four tires.
- After all tires are filled properly, drive above 15 mph for at least 10 minutes.
Thereafter, the warning light should disappear. However, keep in mind, after tires are inflated, the outdoor temperature affects how fast the air in the tires will adjust to the proper temperature, this could take minutes, a day, 2 or 3, simply be patient and give the tires time to adjust. In addition, if the tire pressure warning light stays illuminated past a week, you will need to have your vehicle serviced as there could possibly be a sensor issue or a tire puncture.