Wondering how to take apart the Dodge Charger remote so that you can replace the battery? Follow these step-by-step instructions.
The Charger remote start shown below utilizes one DL2032 battery. Other models of Dodge starters may be similar.
Note: The CR2025 type lithium battery is used in the newer and different looking key fobs.
1. Turn the key fob over to find the slide button. Slide this left and pull out the key.
2. Locate the small gap on the top next to the hole the key came out of.
3. Start to pry open the case. A quarter works well for this part.
4. Now you can see the battery and remove it.
5. You can now replace the battery. The flat, positive side of the battery should be face down so you can’t read the words on the back.
6. Reverse these steps to put the key fob back together, and you’re set.