No more purchasing high-cost Remote Keyless Entry/Key Fobs for your PT Cruiser from the dealership as those days are gone thanks to this awesome new innovative trick which enables you to reprogram your own Key Fob/Remote in a matter of minutes. Follow the uncomplicated steps below to learn how to program a new fob or reprogram an old one.
Note: You MUST have one working remote to program a second fob.
Begin with all doors closed and perform the following short steps:
- Turn the key to the ON position without starting the vehicle.
- Using the remote that works, press the UNLOCK button and HOLD it for Four to Ten seconds. Within those seconds, press the PANIC button for one second then release BOTH buttons at the exact same time
- You will hear a chime or beep within three seconds to inform you that the vehicle is in the programming mode.
- Within Thirty seconds of hearing the chime/beep, press ANY button on all remotes. You hear the chime again to let you know the programming is complete.
- Remove the key from the ignition and try to lock and unlock the vehicle.
If all remotes lock and unlock the doors, you are ALL SET!
**NOTE: If you are unable to program or reprogram your Key Fob on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.