It takes about less than 5 minutes to program a Keyless Remote/ Key Fob in a Honda CRV, however, you MUST perform the steps as listed and in a timely form, not to Fast or to Slow, as if you do not do this properly the programming will FAIL and the battery terminal will have to be removed for at least 30 seconds. Thereafter, you would have to start the process all over again. Follow the uncomplicated steps below to learn how to program a new key fob or re-program an old one.
Begin with all the doors Closed and Unlocked, then perform the following short steps:
- Turn the key to the ON position without starting the vehicle.
- Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the Remote.
- Switch the key to the OFF position.
- Switch the key back to the ON position.
- Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.
- Repeat steps Two through Five back to back until you hear a BEEP, then immediately press the LOCK button on the remote (The beep indicates a successful reprogramming).
*Remove the key from the ignition and press Lock and Unlock to make sure the reprogramming worked.
If it did, Congratulations you did GREAT!
**NOTE: If you are unable to reprogram the Keyless Entry/ Key Fob on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.