The hood is where the battery, engine, and other critical car parts are located. Learning to open the hood is handy if you run into car issues on the road and want to facilitate repairs.
Here’s a comprehensive guide on opening a Nissan Maxima’s hood.
1994 – 2023 Models
- Make sure the vehicle is parked and the engine is turned off.
- Locate and pull the hood release lever below the left side of the instrument panel.
- The hood will pop open slightly.
- Move to the front of the vehicle and locate the hood release latch in the center of the hood above the Nissan emblem.
- Push the hood release latch to the left.
- Raise the hood to open.
- Insert the hood support rod into the designated slot to hold the hood in the open position.