Resetting the clock in your Ford Mustang is required after a battery change, and for some models, if you travel to a different time zone. Under your vehicle YEAR, here are the simple steps to follow to reset the clock.
1997 & Older
- Use the H button to set the HOUR; HOLD it in to set.
- Use the M button to set the MINUTES, HOLD it in to set.
NOTE: There is not an option to set AM or PM.
- Located on the RIGHT side of the center console, press and HOLD the CLOCK button. *Keep holding until you have set the hour and minutes*
- Located on the LEFT side of the console, use the SEEK button to press RIGHT for MINUTES.
- Press LEFT for HOURS.
NOTE: In some models, the clock is displayed as CLK.
- With your vehicle in the ON position without starting the engine.
- Via the MENU button, press until the screen reads SELECT HOUR.
- Press the UP and DOWN arrows to set the HOUR.
- Press MENU again to highlight SELECT MINUTES.
- Press the UP and DOWN arrows to set the MINUTES.
- Press MENU 1 last time to set the chosen time.
2010 and Newer
- With the key in the ignition, switch the vehicle ON without starting the engine.
- Within the Center Console, press CLOCK (Some models, HOLD in the CLOCK button).
- Using the NUMBER keys to enter the time! DONE!
NOTE: If you are unable to reset the clock on the first try, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.