After each oil change and new filter, the maintenance oil light indicator on the Ford Mustang may need resetting for effective performance. This indicator is included to alert you if there is a problem with the vehicle’s oil, whereof, if not addressed, can lead to other unexpected costly engine issues. However, if the light does NOT disappear automatically, simply implement the following options step by step.
- With the switch in the ON position without starting the vehicle and without pressing the brake nor accelerator: via your menu controls, scroll to SETTINGS.
- Select VEHICLE (Some models, go to Settings, Advanced Settings, then Vehicle).
- Select OIL LIFE RESET.
- Push in and HOLD the OK button until you see, reset 100%.
- Switch the ignition OFF, then START the vehicle. Warning light should be out!
- With the switch in the ON position without starting the vehicle, and without pressing the brake nor accelerator:
- Using the controls located on the left side of the steering wheel, press OK until you reach settings.
- Using the RIGHT arrow, press until VEHICLE is selected.
- Using the RIGHT arrow again, press until OIL LIGHT RESET is selected.
- Press the RIGHT arrow once more, then the current Oil % will appear
- Press and HOLD the OK button. You will visibly see the system Reset to 100%.
**NOTE: If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light on the first try, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.