Are you looking for the fuel door release latch or button on your Mitsubishi Outlander? You’re not the only one. Use these steps to release the fuel door and access the gas cap.
2020 – 2023 Models
- Turn off your car.
- Locate the lever to release the fuel door on the floorboard near the seat adjustments adjacent to the driver’s seat.
- Lift the lever, and the fuel door will pop open.
2013 – 2019 Models
- Locate the fuel door release lever next to the driver’s seat on the floorboard near the seat adjustments.
- Pull the lever upward to release the fuel door.
- Get out of the car, go to the gas tank, and remove the gas cap by turning it in a counterclockwise direction.
My fuel door is stuck. What can I do?
Try cramming a credit card into the door. Leave it there while pulling on the latch. This should provide additional pressure to force it to pop open.
4 thoughts on “Mitsubishi Outlander: Release Fuel Door”
Thanks. I was renting and this was impossible to find at night for the first time.
Same here? We have a rental & even hard to find in the daytime.. it blends in with the trim….hey why not make the little gas tank on the lever white?!
The lever to release the fuel door impossible to find on this Mitsubishi Outlander rental vehicle. Thank you for your webpage which points out where to find it.