Resetting the Oil Change Light in the Mercedes-Benz C250 and other models should faithfully occur after each oil change as this allows the system to satisfactorily proceed with tracking exactly when the next oil change is needed.
CAUTION: Before carrying out the following steps, check to assure all windows and doors are securely closed, along with the trunk and hood to ensure a proper reset. The steps are as follows:
- Turn the ignition on (Some models to POSITION 1).
- Press the system selection button until the ODOMETER & TRIP VALUES are on the screen.
- Press the OK button.
- Press and hold the PHONE and the OK button at the same time. VEHICLE DATA, DYNAMOMETER TEST, ASSYST PLUS and in some models, CHANGE BRAKE LINING, HEAD-UP DISPLAY will display on the screen.
- Press the down arrow until ASSYST PLUS is underlined/highlighted, then press OK.
- Press the down arrow until FULL SERVICE is underlined/highlighted then select OK.
- Press the down arrow until CONF FULL SERV is underlined/highlighted, press OK.
- Next, you will see FULL SERVICE CARRIED OUT press the down button to underline/highlight YES, This confirms the RESET! Turn the engine OFF then back ON, press OK to display odometer & trip values DONE!! For some models continue by pressing the up arrow to select engine oil used, then press OK, This confirms the RESET!
- Press down to CONFIRM then press OK.
- FULL SERVICE COMPLETED should be on the screen. Use the BACK button until STANDARD DISPLAY pops up.
- Turn the ignition off.
You have successfully reset the oil light on the Mercedes C250.
Note: All makes and models of the Mercedes C250 may not consist of the exact same steps as specifically listed above, but generally should be extremely close. In addition, if the resetting information is not entailed within your manufacturer’s manual, or you do not have one, you may obtain the instructions and repair procedures from the manufacturer itself or possibly the dealership for your specific vehicle. Lastly, the steps contained in this tutorial are meant to be a recommendation only.