The Mazda CX-5 will display a wrench on the instrument panel when an oil change is due. You can clear this notification after maintenance service has been performed using these steps.
- Starting from the Home screen, select the “Applications” icon.
- Select “Vehicle Status Monitor“.
- Select “Maintenance“.
- Select “Oil Change“.
- Select “Reset“.
- Turn the ignition completely off.
- Press and hold the small knob on the instrument panel.
- Continue holding the knob while turning the ignition to the “ON” position.
- Still continue to hold the knob for about 5 seconds until the warning light blinks.
- Release the knob, and the “Oil Change” light on the Mazda CX-5 should no longer be illuminated. You may need to retry these steps if it didn’t work for you.
That’s it! After performing these steps on the Maxda CX-5, the oil change reset light should now be cleared.