A maintenance light will appear on the instrument panel when an oil change is due for the Mazda 6. Once you have taken the vehicle in to have it serviced, you can perform an oil reset using these steps.
- Starting from the Home screen, select the “Applications” icon.
- Select “Vehicle Status Monitor“.
- Select “Maintenance“.
- Select “Oil Change“.
- Select “Reset“.
- Switch the ignition completely off.
- Press and hold the stem button on the upper-right side of the instrument panel.
- Continue to hold the stem while switching the ignition to the ON position. Do not start the engine.
- Still holding the stem, wait about 5 seconds until the master warning light flashes. Once this happens, the maintenance light has been reset.
You may have to try these steps a few times before it actually works. If you still have problems, you may need to take your Mazda 6 to an authorized service center to have the oil reset.
I hope this guide has helped you. Leave me a comment below.