Is your oil change indicator light on your Volkswagen Jetta annoying or worrying you? Do not fret, with a few simple steps we will have the light cleared in a jiffy! Just implement the following
actions, step by step.
- Turn off the ignition so the vehicle is completely Off.
- In models 2011-2018 > Press and hold the SET/00 button, located to the right of the dash panel.
- Release the button, then turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine. The dash should display “Service Now“.
- Press the Clock button located to the left of the dash panel, which may be located in different areas depending on the year of the vehicle.
- Turn engine OFF But leave key in the ON position.
- Press the OK button located on the right side of the steering wheel for 4 seconds.
- Remove finger from the OK button. Service menu will then appear.
- Scroll down and select RESET OIL CHANGE.
Congratulations! You have now successfully reset your Oil Light Indicator on the Volkswagen Jetta.
Note: After each oil change and new filter, the maintenance oil light indicator should be reset for effective performance. Remember, this indicator is included to alert you if there is a problem with the vehicle’s oil, whereof, if not addressed, can lead to other unexpected costly engine issues.