Stereo systems are an enjoyable feature in cars. The systems allow drivers and passengers to enjoy music, get directions, or make phone calls through the radio. So when the radio starts having issues, it can really throw things for a loop.
Below are steps to reset the Jeep Patriot’s stereo system.
2007 – 2017 Models
- Open the hood of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery cable with a socket wrench. Make sure the cable is not touching the battery or terminal.
- Disconnect the positive terminal. Do not let it touch the terminal.
- Let the car sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Reconnect the cables to the battery again.
Note: Doing this will erase any saved radio stations or paired phones. You will need to reset the stations and pair phones again when starting the car.
If this does not fix the problem, you should consider taking your car to a certified mechanic or dealership.