A Jeep Grand Cherokee, like any other vehicle, could develop issues with its stereo system. Here are the guidelines if you own a Jeep Grand Cherokee and wish to know how to reset your stereo system.
2019 – 2022 Models
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Locate the tune knob and the volume button.
- Press and hold the tune knob and the volume button simultaneously.
- Hold the buttons for 15 seconds, and the screen will go off.
- The screen will again switch on, and at this point, the stereo system will reset.
Method 2: Hard Reset
- Ensure that you press the driver-side temperature up and down simultaneously. The Engineering Menu should appear when you hold the buttons for 4-6 seconds.
- Navigate to the Radio Reset Option.
- Hold down the same buttons as step one, which should cause the Jeep logo to flash before the screen turns off.
- The system will restart, the Jeep logo will appear again, and you’ll be sent back to the main UConnect screen.
2016 – 2018 Models
- Turn your car radio on.
- Wait for 10 seconds, and then turn your radio off.
- Reset the radio by pressing the power button once more.
Alternatively, you can do a factory reset to restore your stereo system.
- Press and hold the hot and cold up and down buttons at the same time for five seconds
- Navigate through the pop-up menu.
- Select the reset factory option.
- The stereo system will be reset to the factory.
2012 – 2015 Models
- Press and hold down the volumes and the tune knobs simultaneously for about 15 seconds.
- The radio will power off.
- The radio system will then turn on.
- It might take a couple of minutes to reset completely.