The Jeep Compass will display an ‘Oil Change Due’ message on the instrument panel when the system senses the vehicle is due for an oil change. After the maintenance service is performed, you can reset this notification using these steps.
2017 – 2023 Models: Start Button
- Shift the gear to the “Park/P” position.
- Press the Start/Stop button to ON/RUN (Do not start the engine).
- Slowly press the accelerator in 3 times within 10 seconds.
- Press the Start/Stop button to turn the electronics off or turn the ignition to the “Off/Lock” position.
That’s it! The oil system should now be reset on your Jeep Compass. If the oil change due light is still lit, try performing these steps again.
2017 – 2023 Models: Key
Follow the instructions below for the 2007-2016 models
2007 – 2016 Models
- Turn the key to on. Do NOT start the car.
- Slowly press down the gas pedal 3x in 10 seconds.
- Turn the key to off.
- Turn the key back to On and ensure the Oil Change light is off. If it is not off, repeat the process.
The ‘Oil Change Due’ notification will appear when the system senses maintenance is needed again. The mileage will vary based on your personal driving style.