A Oil Life meter will read a low percentage on your console if your Honda Odyssey is due for an oil change. On some models, a “Maint Reqd” light will appear. If you wish to reset the oil life or the Maintenance Required light, perform these steps.
2005 to 2020 Models
These models typically display a wrench indicator when an oil change is detected as needed. Clear the wrench with these steps.
- First, locate where your “SEL/RESET” button is located. On some models, it is a stem button on the display near the fuel gage. Other models have it on the steering wheel.Turn the ignition switch to “On“. Do not start the engine.
- Toggle the “SEL/RESET” button to display the “Oil Life %” (if it’s not displayed already).
- While the “Oil Life %” is displayed, press and hold the “SEL/RESET” stem for 10 seconds. When the screen blinks, release the button.
- Press and hold the “SEL/RESET” stem again for about 5 seconds. When the code disappears, release the stem.
You have successfully reset the oil life to 100%.
1995 to 2004 Models
These models typically light up a “Maint Reqd” indicator to notify the driver an oil change is needed. Clear the “Maint Reqd” message with these steps.
- Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
- Press and hold the “Select/Reset” button on the instrument panel.
- While continuing the hold the “Select/Reset” button, turn the ignition “ON“. Do not start the engine.
- Still continue to hold the button(s) for 10 seconds or until the indicator resets.
Hopefully this tutorial has helped you learn how to reset the oil life on the Honda Odyssey. Let us know how it worked out for you in the comments.