A Oil Life meter will read a low percentage on your console if your Honda Odyssey is due for an oil change. On some models, a “Maint Reqd” light will appear. If you wish to reset the oil life or the Maintenance Required light, perform these steps.
2005 to 2018 Models
These models typically display a wrench indicator when an oil change is detected as needed. Clear the wrench with these steps.
- First, locate where your “SEL/RESET” button is located. On some models, it is a stem button on the display near the fuel gage. Other models have it on the steering wheel.Turn the ignition switch to “On“. Do not start the engine.
- Toggle the “SEL/RESET” button to display the “Oil Life %” (if it’s not displayed already).
- While the “Oil Life %” is displayed, press and hold the “SEL/RESET” stem for 10 seconds. When the screen blinks, release the button.
- Press and hold the “SEL/RESET” stem again for about 5 seconds. When the code disappears, release the stem.
You have successfully reset the oil life to 100%
1995 to 2004 Models
These models typically light up a “Maint Reqd” indicator to notify the driver an oil change is needed. Clear the “Maint Reqd” message with these steps.
- Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
- Press and hold the “Select/Reset” button on the instrument panel.
- While continuing the hold the “Select/Reset” button, turn the ignition “ON“. Do not start the engine.
- Still continue to hold the button(s) for 10 seconds or until the indicator resets.