If the battery in your Honda Civic dies or has been disconnected, the audio system may prompt you to “enter code” to unlock the system. What do you do when you don’t have the code though?
Fix 1 – Reset the system
Fortunately, in most cases, you do not need to reset the stereo code or enter a code. Instead, follow these steps:
- Turn the vehicle ignition to the “ON” position.
- Press and hold the audio “Power” button for about 15 to 20 seconds. Keep holding it down until you see the audio system reactivate.
The audio system should now be unlocked and you should be able to use the radio again.
Fix 2 – Find the Code
If the fix above won’t work, you’ll need to find the code. You can find the code to your audio system via these options.
- Look in your owners manual. The manual might have an Anti-Theft Identification Card sticker inside.
- Look for a Anti-Theft Identification Card sticker on the inside of the glove box.
- Use this link to retrieve your unlock code.
- Take the vehicle into an authorized Honda service center.
Did this tutorial help you? Leave me a message in the comments section.