Connecting your phone to a vehicle is a great way to enhance safety and entertainment while driving. However, it can come with some glitches if you don’t know where to look.
- On your LCD screen, locate and select the Bluetooth icon.
- Click the Connect New Device button.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone and make it discoverable.
- Press the Scan button on your device.
- Click the Search for Device option.
- Select your phone from the displayed list.
- Verify that the LCD screen code matches your phone’s code.
- Press the Pair button.
- Ensure that the audio and phone calls on the LCD screen are selected.
- Press the Connect button.
2016 – 2021 Models
- Press the Phone 📞 button on the audio system.
- Press Yes to add a new phone.
- Make your phone discoverable by locating the Bluetooth on the settings menu.
- Activate the Bluetooth by turning it on.
- Press Continue on your Civic’s audio system.
- The system will display your desired phone, which you will select.
- Ensure that the code on the audio system matches the one on the phone.
- Press Pair to complete the connection.
- Turn on Honda Link Assist to enable the car to attempt dialing emergency services should an accident occur.
2012 – 2015 Models
- Verify that your phone is paired to the hands-free link wirelessly for your telephone.
- Press your phone 📞 button.
- Select Yes to add a new phone.
- Click the Enter button.
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and put it in discovery mode.
- Select the desired phone from the displayed list.
- Your phone will request a pin. Please enter the pin ‘0000‘ and press enter.
- The phone connection will be completed.
2006 – 2011 Models
- Open your phone and ensure that the Bluetooth option is turned on.
- Press the Call button on your vehicle’s radio unit.
- Select Yes and continue to the other options.
- From the list displayed, select your phone.
- Confirm that the passkey on the phone matches that on the audio system.
- Click the Confirmation button.
- If your phone requests a password, enter the passcode displayed by the audio system on your phone.
- The system will notify you once the phone is paired.
- The system will confirm the connection by prompting you to turn on Honda Link Assist.
2000 – 2005 Model
- Locate your phone settings and select the Bluetooth option.
- Turn on the Bluetooth to make it available for other connecting devices.
- Cycle the radio to the Accessories option.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth sync menu. The Bluetooth symbol will display on the screen.
- Pair the device, and the connection will be activated.