Learn how to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) on the Honda Civic and Honda Accord with these steps.
- Inflate the tires to the proper values as stated on the tire. This applies to the spare tire if you have one installed.
- Park the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. Do not start the engine.
Proceed to the next steps below depending on the model.
Models Without Touch Screen
- Locate the TPMS button under the dashboard on the left side.
- Press and hold the button until the lower tire pressure indicator blinks two times.
- Drive the vehicle for about 20 minutes. Try to keep a speed between 30 to 65 mph when possible. The light should eventually reset.
Models With Touch Screen
- Push the “Info” button located to the left of the steering wheel to bring up the menu on the display.
- Select “Vehicle Settings“.
- Select “Vehicle” or “Customize settings“. (Skip this step if you don’t have either of those options)
- Select “TPMS Calibration“.
- Choose “Calibrate“
- Select “Initialize“.
- Select “Yes“.
After about 30 minutes of driving, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System reset should be complete on your Honda Civic or Honda Accord.