If you change the oil in your Honda Accord, you will want to reset the Engine Oil Life percentage using these steps.
Models with Info Display
- Press the “Select” knob to toggle the setting to “Engine Oil Life“.
- Press and hold the “Select” knob for more than 10 seconds until the display blinks.
- Release the knob, then press and hold it again for 5 more seconds.
The Engine Oil Life should now reset to 100%
Models with Multi-Info Display
- Use the “Info(Up/Down)” and “SEL/RESET” buttons to scroll to and choose “Vehicle Settings“.
- Scroll to and choose “Maintenance Reset“.
- Choose “Reset“.
When the Engine Oil Life is 5% or lower, the “SERVICE” light will illuminate.
- Turn the ignition to the “RUN” position. Do not start the engine.
- Press the “SELECT/RESET” stem until the Engine Oil Life is displayed.
- Press and old “SELECT/RESET” for 10 seconds, then release the stem.
- Press an hold “SELECT/RESET” for 5 more seconds.
- Turn the ignition off, then back on. The Engine Oil Life should now be reset to 100%.
- Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position.
- Press and hold the “Select” and “Reset” switch at the same time.
- Continue to hold both buttons while turning the ignition to the “RUN” position. Do not start the engine.
- Still hold both “Select” and “Reset” for 10 seconds. The indicator should reset.
Some older models will need to be reset using a key hole on the dash or instrument panel. Use the ignition key to change the indicator to green.